Business Development Representative
Onward is a high-growth, venture-backed startup using a first to market approach to fix the supply chain crisis in the United States.
The supply chain crisis is in the forefront of everyone's minds these days. It is on the news and I am sure you have experienced delays in shipping your gifts around the holidays. Of all the industries impacted by the crisis, no industry has been hurt more than the big and bulky goods transportation market (furniture, appliances and palletized goods). Did you know if you go into a store to purchase a piece of furniture, it will take over a month for that product to arrive at your home? To make matters worse, there is a driver shortage in the industry that is making it impossible to find the help needed for supply to meet demand. Further pushing out the end date to this crisis.
At Onward, our platform has found a way to fix the driver shortage. Not by recruiting more drivers, but by making the drivers on the road more efficient. Our technology has allowed us to connect each retailer in the market to the unused cargo space on the road everyday. Therefore allowing retailers to reduce the time between order and delivery from over a month, to next day.
We’re a team of highly motivated individuals that have lived and breathed the problems in this industry for years. We have deep experience in running startups, developing complicated web applications, designing user interfaces that delight customers and building fun work environments. We also have founders that have proven track records in scaling businesses from under $5M in revenue to over $50 million.
There has never been a better opportunity to join a startup where you can have an immediate impact on the environment, national news and truly fix an archaic industry. The supply chain crisis is estimated to last until 2024 and this industry is estimated to contribute 40% to the world's carbon emissions by 2050. We’re looking for talented, creative, & self-motivated people to stop the above facts from happening!
We’re stoked to meet you.
Onward is growing at an accelerated rate and you will be instrumental in helping us handle this growth. This is a high-responsibility position set to provide you with real world work experience in rapidly scaling the growth of a company. You will be living and breathing the startup life and become part of a team that aims to disrupt an industry. This position will be designed to not only further your growth as a business professional, but to further your career and accelerate your status as a valued member of the Onward team.
Competitive Base Salary, Highly Incentivized Commission
- Source, prospect, engage and close new business leads while working hand in hand with Onward executives.
- Learn the inner-workings of the final mile delivery industry and build the foundation of your career at Onward.
- Work with the sales and marketing team in order to identify strategic opportunities in your market segment.
- Demonstrate Onward’s value propositions clearly and effectively via phone calls, emails, LinkedIn and other social mediums.
- Document processes and help create SOPs.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals while working with companies whose annual revenue is between $500,000 and $500 million .
- Collaborate and execute new business development processes directly with Onward execs.
- Learn how to operate our CRM, Hubspot, by keeping leads up to date and making sure your prospects are successfully moving through our sales pipeline.
- Shadow account executives in meetings and other activities to help you acquire the skills you need for your next role at Onward.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has 1-2 years of experience in sales / business development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- Is eager for the opportunity for rapid professional growth in a hyper-scaling company.
- Has the ability to document, organize and gather key learnings from large sets of data and experience in managing a CRM.
- Is tech savvy with the ability to quickly find, adopt and implement new methodology.
- Thrives under pressure, holds themself accountable and seeks increased responsibility.
- Is comfortable sourcing, prospecting, engaging and closing new leads.
- Is a strong communicator with the ability to listen, learn, adapt and pivot in conversational flows.
- Has high energy and a strong desire to exceed targets with a positive attitude.
- Has the ability to quickly build strong relationships in both a professional and casual setting.
- Has a passion for finding issues, implementing solutions and overcoming difficult obstacles on a day-to-day basis.
- Is self-motivated, ready to learn and excited about personal growth.