Director of Compliance
Welcome to our careers page!
At our insurance claim check processing fintech start-up, we value self-motivation, hard work, teamwork, and creativity in all of our team members. If these values align with your own, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available at our company.
We believe that every member of our team has the potential to make a significant impact on our success. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting your career, we are committed to providing you with the support and resources you need to thrive.
As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting and meaningful projects, collaborate with a talented and diverse group of colleagues, and contribute to the growth and development of our company.
Job Title: Director of Compliance
About the Team:
iink—a digital payments network that helps restoration professionals get paid more efficiently after an insured property loss—is looking for a Director of Compliance to join our growing team.
We are a fast growing startup where the work you do can directly have an impact on the company’s long-term success. Tell us what you want to do and why. We are looking at you to be the expert of your given role and want to hear the ideas you have/execution plan.
About the Role:
The Director of Compliance is a key executive responsible for ensuring that an organization complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies, especially as they relate to financial compliance, risk underwriting, and cyber security.
- Compliance Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive compliance strategy and framework for the organization to ensure adherence to all applicable laws and regulations. Helping to develop key practices and processes that touch compliance areas such as KYC/KYB, fraud, and risk.
- Regulatory Oversight: Stay up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations that may affect the organization and ensure that the company's policies and practices are in compliance. Must have experience with financial and insurance regulations and governing bodies.
- Compliance Programs: Establish, oversee, and manage compliance programs, policies, and procedures that guide the organization's operations and decision-making processes. Test these policies and lead our audits.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential compliance risks and vulnerabilities, and implement strategies to mitigate these risks effectively. Assess risks from both internal and external standpoints, create rules to mitigate the potential risks of payment processing, assess potential customer risks based on financial history.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Implement systems for ongoing monitoring and reporting of compliance status to senior management and relevant regulatory bodies. Authoring and maintaining KYC/KYB policies in collaboration with banks.
- Training and Education: Develop and deliver compliance training programs for employees and ensure that they are aware of and understand the relevant compliance requirements.
- Investigations: Oversee internal investigations into compliance breaches or suspected violations and take appropriate corrective actions. Reviewing and auditing compliance areas in the product and processes run by operations teams.
- Audits and Assessments: Coordinate and manage compliance audits and assessments, both internally and externally, to ensure the organization's compliance status.
- Ethical Standards: Promote an ethical culture within the organization and ensure that employees and management act with integrity and in accordance with the company's code of conduct.
- Third-Party Vendors: Evaluate and manage compliance risks associated with third-party vendors, suppliers, and partners. From an infosec side, read our insurance policies, understand our security posture, identify gaps, and suggest remediation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, including legal, HR, finance, and operations, to ensure that compliance is integrated into various aspects of the business. Communicating and collaborating with product and engineering to implement compliance policies.
- Data Protection: Ensure data protection and privacy compliance, particularly if the organization handles personal or sensitive data. Test and ensure protection measures align with fintech requirements.
About the Candidate:
Industry Knowledge: A strong understanding of the specific regulations and compliance requirements within the finance industry.Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze complex regulations, identify compliance risks, and develop strategies to address them.Ethical and Integrity: A strong commitment to ethical behavior and integrity is critical for this role.Adaptability: Compliance requirements and regulations can change, so you should be adaptable and willing to stay updated on industry changes.Expertise in compliance programs such as SOC1/2, PCI, etc FinTech and cyber security experience heavily preferred
Where: Denver, CO
- Competitive compensation and equity in a growing startup
- 401(k) with match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Open vacation policy and 12 paid holidays
- Hybrid office environment
- Monthly company-wide virtual happy hour with the opportunity to win fun prizes
Potential pay range: $150,000 - $180,000
iink is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you're ready to join a dynamic and innovative team dedicated to making a difference in the insurance industry, we encourage you to apply for one of our open positions. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about your skills and experience.