Data Engineering Lead
Objective: Lead our efforts to scale our leading machine learning models and data pipelines to serve pregnant people.
Delfina provides a leading pregnancy care data platform to improve maternal and child health outcomes. We are proud to have recruited talented scientists and engineers onto our team, and are looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and impactful work to join the team.
About the role:
As the leader of Data Engineering, you'll play a crucial role in building and maintaining the data infrastructure that powers our innovative solutions. You'll be a key player in shaping the future of our data platform, ensuring its scalability, performance, and security as we grow. You will be a crucial part of our talented engineering team. You will work in person with the Chief Scientific Officer and data science teams to support them as they seamlessly deploy their cutting edge models, while being a crucial part of our talented engineering team.
- Own scalable data pipelines to support model validation, inference, and training on data collected from our various applications, remote patient monitoring devices, as well as Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
- Set up scalable data monitoring infrastructure to automatically assess data quality
- Scale data pipeline to support 10x the number of EHR integrations
- Guide the data science team to effectively integrate new models into data pipelines
- Guide the engineering team to effectively scale data processing while maintaining startup-level velocity
- Collaborate with leadership to effectively align model deployment to business goals
- Contribute positively to the team culture
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Clear communication skills
- A strong desire to grow and train other team members
- Experience solving operational challenges on scaling pipelines
- Passion for healthcare and a desire to make a positive impact on patient health
- Ability to take ownership of problems
- Experience in the healthcare or life sciences industry.
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science concepts.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other healthcare data privacy regulations.
- Experience working on remote teams
- Experience with Beam, Spark, dagster, dbt, postgres, and BigQuery
- Deep familiarity with Python
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary of 150k-170k depending on experience
- Competitive stock options
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision
Our data science team, who you will be embedded with, is located in the heart of Midtown.
Send the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Engineering Lead” by Friday, February 16 at 5PM Pacific:
- CV or Resume
- Cover Letter (500 word limit)
- Names and contact information for three references