Staff Data Scientist, (Operations Research)
Veho is the post-purchase experience company that unlocks the potential of everyday consumers and brands to fully participate in e-commerce. Building an entirely new end-to-end logistics infrastructure, powered by the latest technology and designed for the modern era of shopping, Veho is reinventing shipping, and all parts of the post-purchase experience as we know it. By removing the pain from delivery and returns, Veho is creating powerful opportunities for brands to engage and build deep loyalty with their customers like never before.
As a Principal Data Scientist (Operations Research), you’ll be directly embedded in a team of talented engineers to help define, build, and operate sophisticated models to answer hard questions centered around improving our logistics network and user experiences. You’ll partner with product managers to understand high-value business problems, build systems that inform daily operations, and work with cutting-edge technology. You’ll work closely with software engineers to operationalize the models you build in the production systems that drive Veho.
- Develop and implement models and algorithms to solve complex problems using operations research, statistics, and machine learning technologies
- Partner with functional areas (last mile, middle mile, ground operations, network planning) to develop to optimize our network across the board
- Deep dive into current operations research solutions to develop insights, and provide recommendationsImplement operations research improvement initiatives that impact metrics and streamline network operations
- Communicate with technical and business-oriented audiences
What you bring
- Master or PhD in operations research plus experience developing and deploying optimization, predictive and machine learning models
- Strong knowledge in operations research concepts such as linear (LP), nonlinear (NLP) and mixed-integer programing (MIP), network optimization and simulation
- Experience with network optimization tools like OR-Tools, CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress, COIN-ORPractical experience in developing large scale vehicle routing, network design, and warehouse solutions
- Software development experience deploying OR solutions into productionExperience using statistical modeling or machine learning techniques to solve business problemsExpert SQL and Python skills
- Familiarity with the gig economy space (preferred)
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.