Head of Product
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About the role:
As our Head of Product you will define the overarching product strategy and roadmaps consistent with Veho’s overall strategic objective and growth plans. You will play a key role in making technology a competitive edge and source of differentiation for Veho! You will build processes and frameworks that collect, organize, prioritize, and build roadmaps around both unit economic improvements and operational efficiencies, as well as new products and operating models that drive the Veho growth flywheel. You will build on all aspects of the Veho products including driver delivery experience, driver-route marketplace, consumer mobile app and experiences, merchant apis and interfaces, as well as our internal ground operations, support, transportation, and package lifecycle systems and associated users. You will work cross-functionally with the operations and client teams to build products that fuel efficient growth.
As an executive team member, you will help shape and deploy the company strategy and priorities. You will lead, develop, retain, and grow our product and design teams, including an existing team of 11 product managers and 9 designers.
- Defining the overarching product strategy, and ongoing roadmap(s) consistent with Veho’s overall strategic objective and growth plans.
- Building and coaching a high-performing team who is motivated to do better and think bigger as a result of your leadership.
- Building an organizational structure that will accelerate both innovation and execution.
- Thinking and operating at a strategic level, but driving execution on a tactical level with the desire to be hands on.
- Ruthlessly bringing focus to the most impactful features and products, aligned with the company financial, growth, stability, and experience goals.
- Building and maintaining core systems, while driving multiple teams to innovate on those same systems.
- Partnering with founders and executives across Engineering, Operations, Revenue, etc to develop a roadmap consistent with Veho’s overall strategic objectives and growth plans.
- Build from scratch a calendar, set of templates, decision-making frameworks, reporting decks, etc. to effectively manage the product org, execute on what is highest priority, and manage up to the executive team.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience in leading and driving product strategy and execution in a complex, multi sided marketplace with hundreds of thousands of users (or more) or businesses with a complex physical and digital operation.
- Deep experience in org design best practices, particularly with relation to product, engineering, and operations.
- Strong technical background and understanding of software development, architecture, and systems engineering.
- Data-driven mindset and highly analytical with the desire and ability to dig into metrics to derive insights and drive decisions.
- Can run up and down the stack from high level strategy all the way to the details of architecture and metrics.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. You can tell a story with data and influence others at all levels of the company, including the executive team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or work experience in a related field. An MBA is a bonus but not required.
- Industry experience in parcel logistics is preferred but not required.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?