Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About The Role
As a Staff Engineer on the Reverse Logistics engineering team, you will lead a cross-functional team working on the core systems and applications that power Veho’s reverse logistics platform. You will build friendly, delightful, and optimized experiences for our stakeholders across the business, which power successful outcomes for end consumers.
- Architecting, building, testing, and deploying applications, APIs and features for our contract driver, customer, client, and operations user bases
- Modifying designs and specifications of complex applications
- Collaborating and adding value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Working with technical and non-technical end-users, other engineers, and product managers in a cross functional, quick moving, and collaborative environment
- Analyzing code, requirements, system risks, and software reliability and providing recommendations on how to leverage our technology more efficiently
- Working with Product and Design to confirm requirements, prioritization, and development of new features
What You Bring:
- Has 7+ years of experience building, testing, and deploying applications in high-traffic production environments
- Enjoys taking initiative, is a self-starter, willing to move fast and ship quick, and is excited about collaborating on big challenges
- Enthusiastic about working closely with product and operations team members to develop creative solutions to never-before-solved problems in a brand new problem space
- Tech Stack: AWS Serverless Infrastructure, Typescript, Node.js, and React / React Native
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.
Something looks off?